4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2013 10:34 AM by GaryNunes

Question: How to display portal rows + field of selected row outside of portal

GaryNunes

Title

Question: How to display portal rows + field of selected row outside of portal

This question is for Filemaker Pro Advanced 11.

I have a simple database with two tables (call them T1 and T2). T1 has a portal to T2.

Most of the related fields in T2 are small and easily displayed in a single line portal row, however one field is a multi-lined comment field.

Presently (in order get something working) I've increased the height (number of lines) that each portal row displays so that each row can include the comment field.

What I'd like to be able to do is have single line portal rows and have the selected portal row's comment field displayed along side the portal in a separate field that's outside of the portal. Whenever the portal row selection is changed the separate comment field would update its contents to show the comment associated with the selected portal row.

I would appreciate any advice on how this can be done if, in fact, it is possible.

Regards,

Gary Nunes