3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 7:16 AM by philmodjunk

Questions about Purchase Order, Receiving, and Invoices

leonhart1981_1

Title

Questions about Purchase Order, Receiving, and Invoices

I'm currently using FMP 13. I am wondering is there an existing templates for Purchase Order, Receiving, and Invoices which is the same way QuickBooks works? 

Below is what I want to do: 

1. Creating a Purchase order for my venders
      3. Once the goods are receiving, I will do the receiving which will affect the quantities to my inventory database
      5. Create Invoice to my customers which will also affect the quantities to my inventory database

Please help~

• 1. Re: Questions about Purchase Order, Receiving, and Invoices
          philmodjunk

Take a look at the Starter Solutions that come with FileMaker 13. They probably aren't all that you are looking for but may at least be a start. There's also a template out there you can web search for. It's name is something like FM Starting point? or such....

• 2. Re: Questions about Purchase Order, Receiving, and Invoices
            leonhart1981_1

Thank you for your reply. 

From my current FileMaker Pro 13's Starter Solution, I found "Product Catalog" and "Invoice" templates. However, what setup should I do for the relationships between these two database, so the items and their quantity interact with each other? 

On the other hands, I cannot find a "Receiving" template from the Starter Solution. Is there a way that I can get one? 

• 3. Re: Questions about Purchase Order, Receiving, and Invoices
              philmodjunk

I did indicate that this would not supply all that you are looking for and you've identified what is not there. The files are designed as "stand alone" examples and you'd have to modify them in order to link them together. Please keep in mind that FileMaker is marketed as a database development tool for customers to use in order to create your own solution designed to meet your personal preferences and requirements. You may find that someone has created a file that does what you need or that can be easily adapted to your needs or you may find that your best option is to create (or have someone else create) a solution to meet your specific specifications.