1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 12:46 PM by TSGal

Questions re: Scripts and Inserting Pictures into Fields

milesb2009

Title

Questions re: Scripts and Inserting Pictures into Fields

Hey guys,

I'm kind of new at this, so if this question has already been answered, or there's a better way to do this than the way I'm already working, please let me know.

I'm looking to do two things in regards to having the users of my database inserting pictures into individual personnel records.

http://forum-en.filemaker.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/FM-en-4

First, I'd like to have a script automatically run whenever someone enters text into a certain field (e.g. if someone has their resume on file, a picture automatically is inserted into the picture-containing field).

Right now, I have a script runningfor a script trigger on the field that whenever someone modifies the field, a script runs that inserts the picture in the picture-destination field.

The script is as follows: 

If

Perform Find (@ in [Field 2])

End If

Go To Field [Picture Container]

Insert picture [resume.jpg]

However, whenever this script runs, I get the record dialog popping up, and I don't want that. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Second, is there any way to drag and drop pictures into a picture-container field to manually add them from windows explorer (on pcs) or finder (on macs)?

Thanks guys.

(PS Running Filemaker 10.0v3 on Mac OSX 10.6.1)

• 1. Re: Questions re: Scripts and Inserting Pictures into Fields
          TSGal

milesb2009:

Thank you for your post.

What "record dialog" pops up?

In any case, your last two steps are correct.  Assuming the Container field is named "Container", the last two steps should read:

Go to Field [ Container ]

Insert Picture [ "resume.jpg" ]

You can copy and paste information into Container fields, but you cannot drag and drop except possibly with a third-party plug-in.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.