AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quick Find Pull-down technique?

Question asked by Thewack on Jan 26, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Quick Find Pull-down technique?

This is kicking my butt!  I have searched a few other forums and got nothing bit heart ache.

Here is the set-up:

My layout has a 4 tab control as the main work area. Tab 1 is Customer Info, 2 is Orders, 3 is Material list, and 4 is Payments and Costs.  I would like to have a Pull-down (or pop-up) in the header area of my layout that is populated with [OrderID].  When I select the Order ID that I want to work on in the Pull-down, the Tab control jumps to that record set associated with it.

I have a pretty good understanding of relational DB although it is all with Access and VBA.  SO, not only would I love to see a solution to this problem I would also LOVE to get a thorough explanation of it.

Now before anybody states the obvious "What's wrong with Find Mode", the ultimate goal for my layout would be 3 Pop-ups that each filter down to the next Pop-up.  For example I find the Customer in the "Customers" pop-up then the "Orders" Pop-up is populated with only that customers orders; then when I select the Order I want, the "Order ID" Pop-up is populated with only those OrderIDs.

A couple of clicks in the object properties of Access and I would be sipin' Mia Ties by now but for some reason I cant get this figured out in FMP.

Thanks so much! Jack sends. 

Outcomes