1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 7:56 AM by casey777

Quicken and Lion OSX

RickWhitelaw

Title

Quicken and Lion OSX

Hi, I've noticed a lot of noise lately over the demise of Quicken 2007 due to the absence of Rosetta on OSX Lion. This looks like a golden opportunity for a skilled FileMaker developer . Countless Quicken Mac users are going to be up the creek without a paddle. I've tried to migrate to virtually every alternative and they're all crap . . . Money works, iBank . . . Ad nauseum. I don't know if I could do it myself, but I'm sure someone here could effectively produce a "Quicken" type of solution to run on fm. That person could make a fortune. Of course, we have to wait to get a Lion-compatible version of FM first. RW.

• 1. Re: Quicken and Lion OSX
          casey777

Rick,

I have no problem running checkbook layouts with check printing, reports, and downloading from my bank. That part is fairly simple, but to design a universal checking solution with all the features Quicken has put into theirs would be a lot of work. Not saying it can't be done, but I'm not sure I would want to spend the time to duplicate their effort. Maybe you should list the features you would want or need in a Filemaker solution.