AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quotes with no part number

Question asked by Vinny on Nov 17, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Quotes with no part number

Hello,

My system has a quoting feature, which allows the user to add existing part numbers (defined parts) as items on the quote.  It works great, but we want to be able to add a "quote" part as well which is really a new part, without a part number, and without a part definition.

The way my join table is set up, I don't *have* to have a part number assigned to the quote item.  BUT, if I don't, then I don't know what the unit of measure for that part may be.

Ideally, if I were to add a part to a quote, a script would run, and select the parts unit of measure per the part definition.  If the user doesn't select a part number, then the unit of measure would be all available units of measure, and the user would be able to select one appropriate for that quote.

So...I'm thinking a value list would be good here, BUT I don't know how to set up the relationship so that it shows all if no part, and only the part's Unit of measure if there is a part.

I also have implemented multiple units of measure, but have deferred that for later until I solve this first step.

Any helpful ideas?  FYI, the part number on my quote print out will show "new" as the part number if there is no existing part selected.

Thanks!

Outcomes