1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2011 9:33 AM by philmodjunk

Rabbit import

gldiaz

Title

Rabbit import

I can't figure this one out.

I've tried just about everything, I (rookie) knows.

When importing a table of 48 records, the import process completes successfully,
      but I end up with a total of over 527 records shown in the count circle when in browse.

The 48 rows of information come from a imported table from excel. The excel table
      has 48 rows of records and 28 vertical columns.

I deleted the records and re-imported the 48 rows of information and again and again,
      got 527 total rows of information in FMK 11  totalled out. It multiples the count like
      tiny rabbits.

What am I doing wrong? Any thoughts?

Thks

• 1. Re: Rabbit import
          philmodjunk

A single Iimport of a 48 row excel file should never add more than 48 records to those already existing in your table.

How many total records are in your table before the import and how many after? (Can't tell from your post whether you are counting the total records in the table or in your found set.)

How are you importing the records, Manually or with a script? If manually, what options did you select?

If you are using a script, we'd need to see that script.

To post a script:

1. You can upload a screen shot by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
          2. You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
          3. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
          4. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.