3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2009 2:41 PM by comment_1

Radio Button result as tab label?

LeoB

Title

Radio Button result as tab label?

I would like to have the results of a radio button display as a tab label.  I can put the radio button field inside an empty tab label, and it works fine -- but only if that tab is selected.  What I would like to do is have the radio button result as a tab label across all seven tabs (all seven tabs correspond to different field sets so there could be a combination of Open/Closed/None) and that all would display all the time (like the tab labels).

Anybody have an idea of how to do this, or if it can be done at all?

Alternatively, I can put the radio button result directly above the tab -- which would work but not be quite as neat.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Radio Button result as tab label?
          mrvodka

If I understand your question correctly, it seems as though you can do this with a text field right above your tab control rather than trying to change the tab names.

Just put the another copy of the field that you use with your radio button over the tab control but leave it as a text field instead.

• 2. Re: Radio Button result as tab label?
            LeoB

That's my fallback and how I have it set up now.  But having them as the tab itself would be great.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Radio Button result as tab label?
              comment_1

LeoB wrote:

I can put the radio button field inside an empty tab label, and it works fine -- but only if that tab is selected.

I am not sure what "the results of a radio button" means, but you can put any object (incl. a field) in a tab header - you just need to do so as many times as there are tabs (you'd probably want to use two versions of the same object - selected and deselected).

One way to control the exact placement of the object inside an unselected tab is to select it by marquee, then nudge it into place using arrow keys.