3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 12:04 PM by philmodjunk

Radio Button Script Help

rogerpalmer

Title

Radio Button Script Help

Hi, 

I have 10 radio boxes which can be set to "Yes" or "No" on a record.  When you create a new record all of them are empty.

I need help writing a script that will set all radio boxes to "No".

Keep getting it wrong.

Thanks, Roger

• 1. Re: Radio Button Script Help
          philmodjunk

No script needed.

Go to Field options for each such field. Select the Auto-Enter tab. Enter "No" (without quotes" into the data box. Each new record will then start with a default value of "No".

• 2. Re: Radio Button Script Help
            rogerpalmer

Hi, I should of said that i can't use that option because i want to use this as a reset button at the end of each project. I want to create a button/script that sets all 10 radio buttons to "yes" or "No". Paul.

• 3. Re: Radio Button Script Help
              philmodjunk

When you create a new record all of them are empty.

Had me thinking in terms of newly created records. You'll still need that method for new records.

Assuming that all of these are fields in the same record or fields with global storage, a script with a series of set field steps could set them all to "No".

You could also add an 11th field (ClearFlag, type number) and use this auto-enter calculation to set the fields all back to "no" by setting it to 1:

If ( ClearFlag ; "No" ; Self )

And then clear the "Do not replace existing values.." check box

after Putting 1 (or any number except zero ), you'd clear the field so that you can then click radio buttons to select "yes" where needed.