4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2011 10:07 AM by philmodjunk

Radio button selection

Adihpc

Title

Radio button selection

Hi All,

I have a radio button in my layout .The selection criteira of this radio button is used to perform filtering of some records when a button is clicked.

Now,i had a problem.I am displaying the result of the radio button selection in a edit box.Which is replicating whenever the radio button selection is changed.But,when i select an option from radio button and click on the button the data is not refreshing.If i click some where out side the radiobutton after selecting the option and then do button click it is displaying data normally.

Can some one suggest a solution for this problem.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Radio button selection
          Sorbsbuster

Put a script trigger on the radio button to commit the record when the field is modified.

• 2. Re: Radio button selection
            philmodjunk

If this field is part of a portal filter expression, use an OnModify trigger to do: Refresh Window [Flush cached Join results] to force the portal to re-filter.

• 3. Re: Radio button selection
              Adihpc

Hi,

I am very new to filemaker .Can you please guide me with any articles on how to create triggers.Also i have tried adding few scripts for setting the variables by selecting the Button setup and set field or perform script.If i do that my radio button are freezing they are not letting to modify the existing selection options.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Radio button selection
                philmodjunk

Triggers require FileMaker 10 or 11.

For a layout object, you can enter layout mode, right click the object and then select Script Triggers from the menu that pops up. You can also find this option in the Format menu when you are in layout mode. In Layout Setup... you can specify triggers for the entire layout. It will also be useful to look up script trigger in FileMaker help to get a good overview of what triggers exist and how they work.