4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2011 11:22 PM by synergy46

Radio Button Value List

jeffd

Title

Radio Button Value List

I have a simple field that I ask the user to check the "Yes" or "No" radio button during data entry in each record. Can the "No" radio button default during new or duplicate record entry?

• 1. Re: Radio Button Value List
          ninja

Howdy BamaJJ,

Thanks for the post.

Under File>Define>Database, you can set up the field to autoenter "No".  This would accomplish the default for new records.

For duplicate records, you could script:

- Duplicate Record

- SetField[field in question;"No"]

and have it "default" that way.  Note that this would fail if the user duplicated the record by some other means like a drop-down menu from up above.  It would only be effective if the script was actually used.

Does this do the job?

• 2. Re: Radio Button Value List
            jeffd

Thanks Ninja,

I appreciate your quick reply & solution to my little hang up.

• 3. Re: Radio Button Value List
              LeoB

Perfect answer to my question, too.  An hour of working through the help function didn't give me a clue.  One search here and I've got my answer.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Radio Button Value List
                synergy46

hmmmm... I did as you instructed: "Under File>Define>Database, you can set up the field to autoenter  "No".  This would accomplish the default for new records."

... and it did nothing. 

Also, how do you attach the script?  As a script trigger?  If so, which one?  If not, how do you call it?