2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 6:25 PM by gldiaz

Radio Buttons

gldiaz

Title

Radio Buttons

Would you be kind to help?

I have created a "Radio Selection box with (6)"RADIO BUTTONs" (see i.e. below).

I am hoping to be able to do the following, using a Radio Button with six selected items
      to help keep track of Customer's actions. ( and their potentional to buy)

I.E.       O  Will Purchase (Under 30 days)       O  Needs Information
                  O   May Purchase (w/in 30 Days)       O  Customer Chose to Wait
                  O   Wants Financing                          O   Customer Lost to Competition

Here's what's happening and my problem.
      1.  I need to be able to select more than one Button. Presently, If I selection (1) button
           and try to add a second selection, the First Button de-selects.  I can't seem to find how
           to chose more than (1) button option.

2.  Finally,  Is there a way to color code the options that are selected. For example, if the
           customer is "Lost to competion" the button when chosen is (let's say RED).  It the customer
           on the other hand, is a high potential buyer on the "Will purchase under 30 days) it may
           be Yellow (each time it is selected for each customer record, as chosen)

The above #1 question, is more important to me for resolution than # 2, But any help would be well received.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Radio Buttons
          philmodjunk

1.  I need to be able to select more than one Button. Presently, If I selection (1) button
               and try to add a second selection, the First Button de-selects.  I can't seem to find how
               to chose more than (1) button option.

That's how radio buttons are expected to work. Check out other programs that use radio buttons and you'll find they usually work the same way. If you want to permit selecting multipler values, use a checkbox group instead.

2.  Finally,  Is there a way to color code the options that are selected. For example, if the
               customer is "Lost to competion" the button when chosen is (let's say RED).  It the customer
               on the other hand, is a high potential buyer on the "Will purchase under 30 days) it may
               be Yellow (each time it is selected for each customer record, as chosen)

Take a look at conditional formatting. This layout tool can be used to make fields or layout text change color, size or style if the conditional format expression evaluates as True.

• 2. Re: Radio Buttons
            gldiaz

Thank you,

I now have a clue of where to look.

Tks again.

Gil