5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 12:32 PM by TSGal

Radio Buttons not showing on Web

tem11

Title

Radio Buttons not showing on Web

I have a field set as a radio button and have removed the check for -- Allow field to be entered: in browse and also removed in find mode.

I have noticed that radio buttons do not display on Windows versions of Firefox or IE but does diplay in Mac versions of Firefox. 

Any ideas or is this a bug?

• 1. Re: Radio Buttons not showing on Web
          Jens Teich
             On IWP objects tend to need a little more layout space. Maybe the radio button set is simply a bit too small.

Jens
          • 2. Re: Radio Buttons not showing on Web
            tem11
               That is what I thought also but it does work.  What is funny is you can see ok if you are allowed to use it for entering.
            • 3. Re: Radio Buttons not showing on Web
              TSGal

tem11:

I cannot duplicate the problem with either Firefox 3.0.5 nor Internet Explorer 7 running Windows XP SP3.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a database with a table that includes a Text field "Radio".

2. I created a Value List entitled "Yesno" with custom answers "Yes" and "No".

3. I went into Layout Mode and set the field "Radio" to display as a Radio Button and assigned the value list "Yesno".

4. I went into Browse Mode and added a couple of records.

5. I returned to Layout Mode, selected "Radio", went into Format -> Field/Control -> Behavior and unchecked the options for "Allow field to be entered: In Browse mode" and "in Find mode".  I returned to Browse Mode to verify.

6. I turned on Instant Web Publishing.

7. I went to a Windows machine and launched Firefox 3.0.5 and opened the database.  The "Radio" field shows with the options, even though I cannot select them.  I then launched Internet Explorer 7 and I was able to see the field.

8. I went to a Macintosh machine and launched both Firefox and Safari, and I'm able to see the "Radio" field.

If there is a set of values you want me to try, let me know, and I will try to duplicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Radio Buttons not showing on Web
                tem11
                   The only thing that I have done differently is created/design from a MAC.  Could it be a font issue?  I will try this in a clean database.  Also this database in hosted on 9 server, if that helps.
                • 5. Re: Radio Buttons not showing on Web
                  TSGal

tem11:

I just created this on an iMac with all the same steps above.  The font I used was Verdana.  What font are you using?  I'll try to duplicate it here.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.