1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 9:51 AM by philmodjunk

Radio buttons sorting + printing items from a portal

AndreyLiokumovich

Title

Radio buttons sorting + printing items from a portal

Hello there guys,

I am trying to figure out how to make a proper relationship between different layouts. One layout has a project which includes a few items that repeat themselves in a portal and a radio button that can be either "Shipped" or "Not Shipped". The other Layout is where I want that information from the project list and the items in the portal to print and have it only print the projects that are "Not Shipped". I feel like I've hit a wall and have no idea where to even begin with this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Andrey

• 1. Re: Radio buttons sorting + printing items from a portal
          philmodjunk

I'll call your two tables "Projects" and "ProjectList".

Your first layout appears to be based on Projects with a portal to ProjectList.

On what table is your second layout based? Projects or ProjectList.

If you base it on projects, you would need to use a portal to ProjectList with so many rows that all the items are visible no matter what. This may not be possible. If it is, you can set the portal to slide up and resize the enclosnig part in the Inspector.

It's ususally much easier to base this second layout on ProjectList. You can include fields from Projects such as your shipping status field in a header or Sub Summary part on this layout. This layout will automatically adjust for varing numbers of Project List records than can be achieved with a portal.

In either case, you can limit your report to "not shipped" records by performing a find for only those Project records (first layout option) or Project List records with a relate Project record (second layout option) where the status field is "not shipped".

This can be done by hand or in a script:

Enter Find Mode[]
          Set Field [Projects::ShippingStatusField ; "Not Shipped"]
          Set Error capture [on]
          Perform Find[]