0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 12:21 PM by cresal

re-login fails to shut user out for incorrect password

cresal

Title

re-login fails to shut user out for incorrect password

So I have an odd problem.

I have a script that ends with re-login. When this is run it will open the account name and password box, but it will continue to open the database regradless of what is entered into those boxes. i checked to see if there was a default account that is being used to log in, and there is not. i have other user accounts that are set to data entry only.

If I open the file fresh everything works perfectly. Incorrect account/passwords are rejected and the file does not open, correct usernames/passwords open the correct user accounts with correct access privilages.

If I re-login as the Admin account I have full access privilages, as I should.

If I re-login as a user account using the correct password I have the correct user access privilages (in this case, data entry only)

If I re-login using a correct user name but incorrect password I have the correct user access privilages (but I don't want it to open in this case!)

If I re-login with an incorrect (non-existing) user name and any password (or no password) it opens the database with data entry access. Or sometimes I have full access. I haven't figured out a pattern here yet. In any case I don't want it opening at all without the correct username/password combination.

The guest account is deactivated.

Any ideas? :\

edit:

ok i figured out that it's simply not changing the user account when an incorrect username/password is submiteed, so it's opening the database with whatever account was previously logged in. Any idea why it might do this?