Not if you want to re-sizing to appear in browse mode. But you can create the effect when printing using 'Slide Objects'.
Sliding objects can "shrink" but they won't "grow". For printing/PDF/Preview purposes, you may have to set up a separate layout where the fields are many rows of text tall, but set to slide up and resize the enclosing part.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
How do you tell a field to re-size?
Sliding and resize are options found on the inspector's Position tab.
Enter layout mode
Select the field(s)
Find these option in the Inspector and select them.