AnsweredAssumed Answered

Really strange script issue

Question asked by LeoB on Feb 19, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 by shudder

Title

Really strange script issue

In a file I have the following script set to trigger on field modify for Issue::Status to reset certain related fields and to take the user to the next field that should be entered.  I have used this same script in another file for the exact same purpose (and field names), and it works fine.

In this file, however, the first half of the script works perfectly.  However, the second half of the script takes the user to the next field in the layout -- whatever that field is.

If [ Issue::Status = "Open" ]
Set Field [ Issue::DateClosed; "" ]
Set Field [ Issue::ApprovedBy; "" ]
Set Field [ Issue::ApprovalDate; "" ]
Commit Records/Requests [ No dialog ]
Beep
Show Custom Dialog [ Title: "Suspense Date Recommended"; Message: "A Suspense Date is recommended after changing the status from Closed to Open"; Buttons: “OK” ]
Go to Field [ Issue::SuspenseDate ]

Else If [ Issue::Status = "Closed" ]

Set Field [ Issue::ApprovedBy; "" ]
Set Field [ Issue::ApprovalDate; "" ]
Set Field [ Issue::SuspenseDate; "" ]
Commit Records/Requests [ No dialog ]
Beep
Show Custom Dialog [ Title: "Closed Date Required"; Message: "A Closed Date is required"; Buttons: “OK” ]
Go to Field [ Issue::DateClosed ]

End If

Some things I've done:

• Removed all other scripts from all of the fields involved in this script -- no change.
  • Since I imported this script from another file, I deleted the imported script and reconstructed it -- no change.
  • Removed all trigger scripts from the layout setup -- no change.
  • Removed all tab orders from the script -- no change.
  • Relocated fields in the layout -- it still goes to the next field in the layout, whatever it is.
  • Created a new layout with just these fields and set the script -- same thing.
  • Moved the script to on field exit -- same thing.

Anybody got any other ideas to try?

Thanks

Outcomes