1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 9:00 PM by davidanders

Recommendations please: Montreal FM Pro database hosting companies

LisaLipowski

Title

Recommendations please: Montreal FM Pro database hosting companies

Hi. I need to share some of my FileMaker Pro databases beyond my LAN, and I am therefore planning to host them with a Montreal-based supplier with experience/expertise in FM Pro database hosting.

After a bit of web research, I contacted three companies, and I am now wondering if anyone knows of them and their reputation etc...
      I am considering price, but reliability and good business practices are also key elements.

I am new to the Forum, but it is likely not good forum etiquette to list company names and ask for feeback. Hence, if you happen to have good experience/recommendations for web hosting companies in Montreal, please post them. I think that would be acceptable. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Recommendations please: Montreal FM Pro database hosting companies
          davidanders

I would question the requirement that  the hosting company be local, I have setup clients with hosting companies. And toured a local company (DigitalForest in Kirkland, WA) but I do not think that location should be in the top three considerations. The control panel for managing databases would be number one, for me, uptime, number two, electrical backup, number three. All these would of course depend on the importance of the database, economic?, information? and web presence?