5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 6:50 AM by philmodjunk

Record Being browsed not printing all record in found set.

paul350passaic

Title

Record Being browsed not printing all record in found set.

Hi All,

Im using filemaker pro11 (still hesitant on updating to a higher version but thats not the issue)

Im trying to print all record under found set or even all records. but its only printing the first record when "record being browsed" is selected, even when I'm on the 2nd or 3rd or other record, its still printing only the 1st record.

If I select the option "current record" it will print of course only the current record Im viewing.

I hope someone can help me on this since printing 1 page at a time is a pain when you have 3k+ record to print.

Thanks!

-paul

• 1. Re: Record Being browsed not printing all record in found set.
          philmodjunk

Are you printing the records manually or using a script?

Can you confirm that you aren't specifying a page range of a single page when you print? (That's controlled by options in your print dialog).

What OS and precise version of FileMaker 11 are you using? (Pull down help and select the "about.." option to get the precise release info.)

What printer are you using?

If you use Save As PDF to generate a PDF of your report, does it also show only one page?

• 2. Re: Record Being browsed not printing all record in found set.
            paul350passaic

Hi Phil,

Im printing manually but would eventually create a print script once I sort out this issue.

Im not specifying any page range. neither having issues with page. Im trying to print all record or found record.

Im using Mac os x 10.7 with filemaker version 11.0v4

We have HP,samsung, toshiba and kyocera printer. But I'm mostly using the samsung. we're not loyal to any brand :)

regarding the page. thats my mistake. Im not having issues with printing multiple page. pages are fine but the records are not. 

so to sum it up, Im having issues with printing multiple record. it only prints record one if  "record being browsed" is selected when printing using the dialog box.

• 3. Re: Record Being browsed not printing all record in found set.
              philmodjunk

What records are in your found set at the time that you print?

Records Being Browsed is an option to print all records in your current found set. That found set could consist of just one record, multiple records or all the records in your table. To print all records, you should be able to first select "show all records" from the records menu before attempting to print with the records being browsed option. I realize that this may be very obvious to you but we have to rule out the obvious issues first.

We have HP,samsung, toshiba and kyocera printer. But I'm mostly using the samsung. we're not loyal to any brand :)

But have you tested this with all of these printers and gotten the same result? It's always possible that FIleMaker could have an issue with a particular printer driver. If such is the case, simply trying a different printer may enable you to get the results that you want. If you determine that a specific printer has this issue, you might get lucky and find that the printer manufacturer has an updated printer driver that resolves the issue.

This is also why I have asked if you can save as PDF and get the correct results. If you get the same results with a PDF, chances are good that this is not a printer specific issue. It may also provide a work around that you can use to print things while we continue to investigate why you are getting these results.

Im not having issues with printing multiple page.

Please note that if you have a found set of 10 records and your layout fits one record to each page, printing with a specified page range such as 1-1 will only print a single record. You'd need to specify the "print all" or a page range of 10 pages or more to get all 10 records printed. That's why I asked this question. I don't expect it to be the issue, but we have to rule it out.

• 4. Re: Record Being browsed not printing all record in found set.
                paul350passaic

Got it now. Thanks Phil!,

We are not selecting the "all" option for pages, cause we thought that records are not pages. But I guess the printer is treating it pages not record.

Thank you so much!

• 5. Re: Record Being browsed not printing all record in found set.
                  philmodjunk

Records are not pages. The number of records that will print on one page will be determined by how you design your layout and the view option that you select. So with some designs, you will get one record to a page and in others you will get multiple records to a page.