1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 11:43 AM by philmodjunk

Record in one portal to show same information in another on same layout

dumiya

Title

Record in one portal to show same information in another on same layout

Os 10.6.4  FM11

On my Planner layout I have a portal that allows me to have a list of events sorted by time and date coming in from a more detailed related table. These show in a list of six.   I would like to have another portal on the planner layout that is larger and contains more fields from the same record in the related table.

Q: Is it possible to arrange the layout so that when a record field in the one line portal window is selected the more detailed information from the related table record appears in the other bigger portal. 

I can get the idea to work but I cannot get the information in the larger window to be the same as the line I select in the print planner window.

dumiya

• 1. Re: Record in one portal to show same information in another on same layout
          philmodjunk

This is a fileamker 11 only solution. There are different approaches that work with older versions.

You need a serial number or other field in the portal table that uniquely identifies each record.

Define a filtered portal to your records with this filter expression:

$$RecordSerial = PortalTable::SerialID

Write a script:

Set Variable [ $$RecordSerial ; Value: PortalTable::SerialID ]
          Refresh Window [ Flusch cached Join results]

Put a button in your first portal's row or use button setup to define a field or group of fields in the portal row to perform this script.