3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 10:46 AM by philmodjunk

Record issues and error message

CDCASA

Title

Record issues and error message

Hi, I am having a problem with one of my databases that is being hosted online by FM Server Advanced and the issue is that one of my users who has an account is experiencing very strange things when creating a record. He began to enter information in various fields and closed the system but when he came back to the record he was working on the information he had entered was all in different spots. For example, he entered a title in the title field and it ended up in the field for priority that was a pull down menu of strict value list options. Many other fields were affected too. He eneded up going back through all of the fields and entering the correct information again and it ended up being OK the second time around but this should not be happening to begin with so it was concerning me. After I was informed of this situation I got on my email because I have FM Server set up to email me whenever it encounters a problem and it had emailed me with an error message titled 'FMServer Wanring 661 Client ___ authentication failed on database ___. I assume this is directly related to the problems he was experiencing but I do not know what this means or how to fix it. Please help!

• 1. Re: Record issues and error message
          philmodjunk

Client ___ authentication failed

Is an error message logged when a client attempts to open a database with an incorrectly entered account name or password. It may not have anything to do with what happened--talk to your client and see if they had to enter a password a second time.

You'll need to look more closely at your user interface and try to figure out how this happened. Is this an instant web published database where the user used a web browser to access your database or did they use a fileMaker Pro client to access it? Is this a custom published database?

• 2. Re: Record issues and error message
            CDCASA

OK, I am glad the error message isn't anything too drastic. To answer your questions, the database IS hosted using IWP and it is a custom made layout. Is there something about this configuration that is not set up right? Thanks.

• 3. Re: Record issues and error message
              philmodjunk

Don't know. If you had used custom web publishing with PHP or such, I'd suggest checking the code for that, but I can't conceive of how the data entered in the browser page for field 1 would mysteriously appear in a different field. Are there any scripts that might somehow have been involved? The one way I know of to get mismatched data and fields is with an Import records action that imports records from one table to another and fails to correctly map the target fields to the correct source fields and this seems highly unlikely for this situation.