1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 2:34 PM by TSGal

Record List Layout and Web Compatibility

wmixter

Title

Record List Layout and Web Compatibility

Since you all are wayyyy better at this than me, I hope you will be able to help...

This seems like it should be an easily fixed issue, but yet, I'm struggling.

Ok, so when I publish my database to the web, I've noticed that in the "Record List" Layout, it only lists 25 records on a given page. I know that you can use the Status area to view the next set of 25, but I'm trying to avoid having other users explore that. Is there a navigation button I can create to put in the footer of the page that will go to the list of the next 25 records?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Record List Layout and Web Compatibility
          TSGal

wmixter:

Thank you for your post.

You can set up a script that attaches to a button that will display the next set of 25 records.  The script would include:

If [ Ceiling ( Get ( RecordNumber ) / 25 ) * 25 + 1 ≤ Get ( FoundCount ) ]

Go to Record/Request/Page [ No dialog ; Ceiling ( Get ( RecordNumber ) / 25 ) * 25 + 1 ]

End If

In essence, this checks to see if records exist in the next block of 25 records (you don't want to try to go to a record that does not exist).  If so, then go to the first record of the next group of 25 records.

If you need additional clarification, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.