1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 8:50 AM by philmodjunk

records

Edokun4

Title

records

If I have x amount of clients and each client has its own records when I see the records in a layout how can I set the layout to set specific records from the same client inseted of seeing all records?

Let's say I have a-z clients. a client has no 1, b client has no2, c client has number no3 and so on. If I want to see records from client # 6 how can i see the records only from that client intead of seeing all?

• 1. Re: records
          philmodjunk

You have several options to work with depending on the design of your layout and the tables that make up your database system.

The simplest approach is to perform a find for all records for the client that you choose from a value list or enter into a field. The find can be automated with a script.

If you display the records in a portal, the relationship and/or the portal filter can limit the records to a specific client. So if you have a table with one record for each client with the client info on it, you can find the client on a layout based on this table and then a portal to a second table can list all records in that table that are linked to that client record. A portal filter expression can further limit what records appear in the portal.

And from this same layout based on a table of one record per client, you can use Go TO Related records to pull up a set of records linked to that client record on another layout and, if desired, in a different window.