4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 10:55 AM by ConnieDiaz

Records Getting Corrupted

ConnieDiaz

Title

Records Getting Corrupted

I have managed to get 3 users together in my shared database; however, when everyone is in and moving between records, the records start to combine with each other!   Has anyone else had this happen?  What did you change to make it stop?

thanks,

Connie

• 1. Re: Records Getting Corrupted
          philmodjunk

If you take a copy of this file and recover it, what results do you get. Does the recover report that your file is damaged?

How are your sharing your database? There's a right way and a wrong way. The wrong way--using a shared directory opened directly by each user, can damage your file.

• 2. Re: Records Getting Corrupted
            ConnieDiaz

When I recovered my file it was okay.  I found a problem in one of my scripts that may have been the culprit.  

I am sharing my database using the network sharing.  We have a share drive.  I have my file on it where everyone can access.  I set up my file as the host.  My users have sign-ons and they open the file remotely.  We had some problems getting this to work but after fixing settings for the firewall the users can now get in.  Is this the correct way to do it?

Thanks,

Connie

• 3. Re: Records Getting Corrupted
              philmodjunk

Yes, if I am reading you correclty. The key is for the file to be opened with FileMaker Pro or Filemaker Server on the machine where the file is located and then your users select Open Remote from the file menu to find and open the file on their machines.

• 4. Re: Records Getting Corrupted
                ConnieDiaz

Yes, that's what we are doing.

Thanks so much for your help.

Enjoy!