1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 4:21 AM by Sprucegum

Records in Portal Problem

MikeHaddon

Title

Records in Portal Problem

I have a portal on a layout that displays information about people, such as name, email address, phone number, etc.  It is working and populating fine.  The issue is I want this to work well in FileMaker Go on the iPad.  FileMaker Go doesn't do a really nice job with vertical scrolls.  However, I have found with my other portals, that if the user simply taps a row in the portal, the portal goes into scroll mode - making it nice to scroll through portal records with a finger slide.

The portal I am having trouble with behaves differently than my others.  When the user taps on a row in this portal, rather than going into a scroll-type mode, they get the following:

"No records are present.  To create a new record choose the New Record menu command"

I really don't want this to pop up.  Users cannot edit records in this area - and I don't want them to.  What I do want is for the users to be able to tap a row in this portal, and rather than get this message, I need it to go into a scroll mode.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!