3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 4:59 PM by LaRetta_1

Records Worked

lynton

Title

Records Worked

I have a data base to where each user has there own group of records (ie) agent-1 (500 Records), agent-2 has (600 records) etc...

I need to be able to know how many accounts are worked by each agent each day

• 1. Re: Records Worked
          LaRetta_1

"I need to be able to know how many accounts are worked by each agent each day"

We need more information:

1) Do you want this for a daily report or do you need this to display on a form layout in browse mode?  If form layout, what table would it be displayed on?

2) Do these records each contain a creation date and AgentID?

3) What FM version are you using?

4) Do you have an Agents table, what tables are involved (please provide names) and how are they related?

You can create daily report summarizing by Agent which counts the accounts or you can use portal which updates daily with the totals per Agent.

• 2. Re: Records Worked
            lynton

1) Do you want this for a daily report or do you need this to display on a form layout in browse mode?  If form layout, what table would it be displayed on?

I would like it on a form layout - and I would create a new table / layout for it

2) Do these records each contain a creation date and AgentID? yes -

3) What FM version are you using? 11-

4) Do you have an Agents table, what tables are involved (please provide names) and how are they related? I do not have an agents table, however I do have each record ID'd by a different agent

You can create daily report summarizing by Agent which counts the accounts or you can use portal which updates daily with the totals per Agent. - Either one of these would work...- I have a notes portal which (see following) - hit button ADD NOTES, then a notes portal opens up which has a time and creation date automatically inserted before the agent can enter notes

• 3. Re: Records Worked
              LaRetta_1

I would like it on a form layout - and I would create a new table / layout for it

Why do you feel you need a new table?  Information can be grouped and displayed on almost ANY table with the creation of a relationship. But I think a report generated in the Notes table might work just fine.

2) Do these records each contain a creation date and AgentID? yes -

Do you mean you want to count the daily entries (by Agent) from the Notes table?  

3) What FM version are you using? 11-

4) Do you have an Agents table, what tables are involved (please provide names) and how are they related? I do not have an agents table, however I do have each record ID'd by a different agent

If you have Agent 66, how do you know their name?  How do you know anything about them?  An Agent table (one record per agent) would be recommended and, although you have an externally generated AgentID, it is best to have a unique, FM-generated auto-enter serial in every table (this is called the primary key) .  In an Agents table, it could be represented as AgentID; in the Notes table, it would be NotesID etc.  These meaningless IDs should them be used in your primary relationships.

You can create daily report summarizing by Agent which counts the accounts or you can use portal which updates daily with the totals per Agent. - Either one of these would work...- I have a notes portal which (see following) - hit button ADD NOTES, then a notes portal opens up which has a time and creation date automatically inserted before the agent can enter notes

I appreciate your response to each question!  You say that 'either of these would work' but a report which summarizes isn't a form layout; it is a report layout.  If a report once a day will work, we can explain it or you can just create a new layout in your Notes table (use the Report Assistant to walk you through it).  You want a leading part first organized by date and then by Agent.  You would create a summary field which would count by date and then by agent. Let the Report Assistant create your script ... it must be sorted in same order (by date and then by agent).

If you get stuck or a daily report won't work for you then let us know and we can discuss alternatives but this is the simplest.  If you only want the report to show a single day, add a find at the beginning of your report script so you are working only with the records for that day (this can be automated as well via script).

If you don't want the details of the notes but rather only want the totals, you can delete the body of the report (just be sure that the summary field is in your leading parts first.