1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 5:20 AM by Jade

Recover question

RickWhitelaw

Title

Recover question

I have a small issue that's been nagging at me for a while. One file in a multi file solution fails Recover. The file functions perfectly. Some years ago when running Recover I started noticing a pattern. FM would attempt to recover Table " " then create a new table "Recover". It also created a field "Recover" in two tables. If I open the Recovered file and delete these three items, then run Recover on the copy the file gets a clean bill of health. Even my oldest backups of this file (when it was tiny) show the same problems so I don't have a clean backup. 

I've never used a Recovered file. Now I'm trying to decide whether to just leave good enough alone and continue with the original file, or trust the clean bill of health of the "Recovered Recovered" file. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Rick.

• 1. Re: Recover question
          Jade

Rick,

This symptom first showed up in one of my solution files when it was converted from FMP 9 to FMP12.  I traced it eventually to a container field whose content (photo) was replaced by another photo without first selecting "Clear" from the edit menu. Like you, I tried recovering a recovered file and have been testing it for more than 3 months without issue.  I know this is not advisable but so far, so good.  My thinking is I would not be able to recover the file in the future if anything else untoward happens to it.