AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recovered Library and Blob

Question asked by ralvy on Dec 26, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 by MatesonG

Title

Recovered Library and Blob

Just ran Recover on a file as part of my routine testing. When FMDiff compared the Recovered file with the Original file, it found a Recovered Library and Recovered Blob. This seems related to my having deleted a graphic from the Original file. Recover, when creating the new Recovered file, created a new Base Table called Recoverd Library, with a field there called Recovered Blob, along with a new Table Occurrence called Recovered Library. After I created a layout for that new TO, I see a graphic I deleted from the Original File.

Should I be concerned about the state of the Original file? Recover reported no errors. I only noticed the above stuff because I routinely use FMDiff to compare an Original file with a Compacted Copy, and  compare an Original file with a Recovered File, to test for possible hidden corruption, as suggested by FMDiff developers.

It sounds like it's a matter of FM not recovering unused space after I delete the graphic. I deleted other graphics from that file also, but only this one seems to have resulted in deleted space not being recovered. 

Outcomes