1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2009 8:30 PM by davidhead

Recovering from a backup--complete newbie

jmeart

Title

Recovering from a backup--complete newbie

Can anyone tell me, if there is "one section" of our database (a file) that is not "working", yet i DO have the exact same "File" on a very recent backup, that i would like to simply "replace" it with. One thing i noticed in searching was that this particular "file" was "closed" and all the other ones were listed as "normal". When i clicked to "open" it went through a "checking", and resumed back to "closed". ..... ??... As you see/read i do not have a clue. This is a built system from someone who is no longer available. Any ideas??.... thanks for ANY info...and also your patience.

• 1. Re: Recovering from a backup--complete newbie
          davidhead

It appears to me that you are talking about a file that is hosted on FileMaker Server.

Try opening the file directly with a copy of FileMaker Pro installed on the server. FileMaker Pro will perform a consistency check and in most cases, the file can be closed and then re-opened with FileMaker Server as you describe.

If that fails, you need to find your backup copies and swap the most recent one into the live database folder.