8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2012 9:17 PM by conchology

Referenced images not showing in calculated container field in FMP 11, but correctly in FMP 10

conchology

Title

Referenced images not showing in calculated container field in FMP 11, but correctly in FMP 10

I've been struggling for over a year or two now with images not showing up in Filemaker 11 but correctly in Filemaker 10.  Until now I've not found any solution for the problem. Today I put forward to tackle the problem and resolve it.  I hope this forum can help me. 

My only solutions was to stay with FMP 10 and not upgrade my 20+ staff to FMP 11 which I've the licenses for laying around here. 

My setup:
      - FileMaker Server Advanced 9 running on 10.5.x on Xserver, never had any problems with it, just zooming along and doing its job.
      - OS server 10.5.8 for storing our images and make with afp them available to all our staff. 
      - FileMaker Pro 10: about 20 staff members to access a few databases, of which one that contains about 1.7 million records.
      - Macs only: OS X ranging from 10.5 to 10.7

Database structure:
      - about 1.8 million records, something like 25 fields, a few calculations, etc...
      - all records have 1 image referenced to in a calculated container field, the path is directed to images stored on a volume mounted on each computer. 
      - calculation field result in container with path: "image:/Images Stamps/1000000/web/1002098.jpg"

- saved in .jpg using Adobe Photoshop. 
      - average size is about 1MB

The problem:
      - In FMP 10 we can see all the images of the 1.8 million records without any problem. 
      - In FMP 11 we can see a few images random images, mostly it stays empty.  
      - a screenshot is added to show the issue

Attempts to fix:
      - re-save the images in jpg with other programs - still not showing in FMP 11
      - checked the file permission - all readable for every user

I've attached screenshots to show the difference in FMP 10 & 11, the problem also exists in the advanced version.

Any help would be great to resolve this mystery.  If extra info needed - let me know so I can prepare and upload.

fmp10-11_missing_image.jpg