AnsweredAssumed Answered

Referenced location in containers issue...

Question asked by KevinGubala on Mar 16, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 17, 2011 by mgores

Title

Referenced location in containers issue...

Hello,

I am nowhere near an expert with FileMaker Pro (11) and I am running into a problem.  I have developed a database that references images and barcode images (for inventory lookup and verification on thousands of beads/earrings/jewelery) and when I originally created the tables and imported the images, everything worked fine locally and with the FMGo clients.  What changed from then and now is those images embedded in the table made the database HUGE.  That is unacceptable.  So I recreated the tables using references to the images in the containers only, which drastically reduced the database file size, but now the FMGo clients on the Touch and iPad show the file path and not the image.

After searching through these forums and Google, I have not found one good solution to rectify this.  I'm of the belief that the Touch/iPad doesn't know what "image:/C:/PandoraImages/150100.jpg" is and yes, sharing and security is set up on the folders for Everyone - Read access.  So how does this get fixed?  How can I edit the container so it reads "filewin://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/PandoraImages/150100.jpg"?  I'm guessing that would work (replacing the 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' with a valid IP address), but there's no way that I have found to edit it to even test!  Maybe there is a better way that I don't know about to make it so the FilemakerGo clients can see the images without changing the container contents?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Using:

Filemaker Pro 11.0v3

Filemaker Server 11.0.2.217

Filemaker GO for iPhone/Touch

Filemaker GO for iPad

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 (Virtual Server)

Outcomes