2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 4:04 PM by miw

Refresh window - flush cached join results

miw

Title

Refresh window - flush cached join results

I have TableInfo1 and TableInfo2 linked to a join table called Table1Join2.  I then have a TableDetail linked to the unique ID for Table1Join2.  If I make a change to the Table1Join2 table to reflect a change in data from Table1Info or Table2Info, it should be relfected in TableDetail.  However, when a change is made, my scripting to "Refresh window - flush cached join results" does not change in the data from Table1Info or Table2info via the Table1Join2 in the TableDetail window automatically.  It does change if I go to the TableDetailWindow and refresh it separately.  Why won't this work?

• 1. Re: Refresh window - flush cached join results
          philmodjunk

Note Refresh Window [flush cached join results] is a step best avoided if at all possible.

You appear to have these relationships:

TableInfo1---<Table1Join2>----TableInfo2
                                             |
                                         TableDetail

If I make a change to the Table1Join2 table to reflect a change in data from Table1Info or Table2Info, it should be relfected in TableDetail.

Please describe exactly what you are doing here. What was changed? A field in Table1Join2? What kind of change do you expect to see in TableDetail as a result? Is this a calculation field in TableDetail that's not updating? A number/text/date field with an auto-enter calculation?

• 2. Re: Refresh window - flush cached join results
            miw

PhilMod:  You have got the relationship table preceisely right.  What my problem was that when I made a change to a field in the Table1Join2 table, it was not for some reason getting reflected further down the line in the TableDetail table (and not in fields that had an auto-enter calc) unless I did a separate refresh of the the TableDetail window (so I guess the data actually changed in TableDetail but it just wasn't being refreshed in the window).  But after quitting and reopening the file, it seems to now work fine.