3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 6:47 AM by philmodjunk

Regarding Last date of selected month

samarthmkt

Title

Regarding Last date of selected month

Dear Sir ,

Is there any calculation function to get the last date of selected month by dropdown calendar field . As I push dropdown date calendar month table appears and select month of particular year then we get automatically the last date of that selected month in date format.

date.PNG

• 1. Re: Regarding Last date of selected month
          philmodjunk

Selecting a date from a calendar drop down enters a date, not just a month and year, but the following auto-enter calculation can replace the selected date with the date for the same month, but for the last day of that month and year:

Date ( Month ( Self ) + 1 ; 0 ; Year ( self ) )

• 2. Re: Regarding Last date of selected month
            samarthmkt

Dear Sir,

Unable to get result. I think so I am some were wrong. So I am giving a link of the small file.if you don't mind pls. check in no of days in month field and in employee browser assignment where table are showing unrelated.

Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ubh1bn4w7vmxxi/Salary+Statements1.fmp12>
            • 3. Re: Regarding Last date of selected month
              philmodjunk

Checking another person's file takes time I don't have at this time.

I suggest describing what you have tried in much more detail.

What does "unable to get result" mean exactly? (Exactly how something fails is often a big clue as to what needs to be changed to get it to work.)

Several things that you can check:

Make sure that "do not replace existing value" has been cleared.

This will not automatically update the contents of this field for existing records. Once you have "do not replace..." cleared, try selecting a new date and note the result produced by this calculation. You may need to use Replace Field contents with this calculation in order to update existing records to show the correct end of the month date.