5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 8:36 AM by philmodjunk

Regarding of calculator popup

samarthmkt

Title

Regarding of calculator popup

Dear Sir,

Is there any such option to make a field for popup of calculator option Like popup of date calendar .

Thanks

• 1. Re: Regarding of calculator popup
          philmodjunk

You'd have to create one. In FileMaker 13, this might be pretty easy to set up using a Popover to display the buttons to click for your calculator.

• 2. Re: Regarding of calculator popup
            samarthmkt

Thanks,

Would you give me tips how to create this

• 3. Re: Regarding of calculator popup
              philmodjunk

This was not as simple as I thought that it might be, but it intrigued me and I saw this as possibly useful in a current project so I set up a new demo file. It's a simple 4 function calculator but you can add buttons to add more functions using the existing buttons, scripts and script parameters as examples.

Some key details:

The digit and operator buttons use the same script, but the value of the button is passed as a script parameter. This script builds a calculation expression in the display that uses the same syntax as if you entered this into a Specify Calculation dialog.

The = button's script uses the evaluate function to replace the expression in the display with its computed value. It also sets a global variable so that if the user next clicks/taps a number key, the text in the display is replaced with this new value, but operators don't replace the value.

A script trigger blocks typing data directly into the display without keeping you from selecting and copying the data to the clipboard.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78737945/CalculaterPopoverDemo.fmp12

• 4. Re: Regarding of calculator popup
                samarthmkt

Dear Sir ,

After making the calculator popuover in the existing layout. Then place the button option on a field and give command value to popup the calculator display. it display now I want the display value of calculator (what ever calculation I have worked )to be insert in the selected field of button.  

• 5. Re: Regarding of calculator popup
                  philmodjunk

Use an OnObjectExit script trigger on the PopOver Frame (not the PopOver button) to perform a script that uses set field to copy the value of the Display field into the field you have circled.