1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 1:41 PM by davidanders

Reinstalled Lion, Changed the Appearance of my Database, Font and Some Text Boxes

FrankP

Title

Reinstalled Lion, Changed the Appearance of my Database, Font and Some Text Boxes

Had this DB for close to two years, have of course modified and added. But Very Usable. After my OS Upgrade from Lion to Mountian lion, I had noticed long delays in all applications, Searches Concluded attempt a Reinstall, Which I Did, Quick books Reinstall was Fine and Painless and Works as it did, However, Filemaker 11.04 although instal went as expected, My Database Has Changed its Fonts, in some places, Removed Some Colers and Changed Sizes, So Text Feilds look Skewed from Where They Were, Some of my Buttons Have Lost their Text/Lable. When I go into Edit to See if i can Change anything Back, Filemaker Does not even Recognize there is text in the Box, Try to Change it, Nothing Results. I believe I am a Beginning Novice, Not my First of second Database.  Anybody, Ideas? My Scripts appear to be Functioning Correctly, My Database Relationships are still there. This Same Database looks correct on the ipad. Definatley related to OS?

Included a Screen Shot of Before and After Its a Screen Shot so you will see three different DBs, The One on the Right is the Correct and Original Version, he Two on the Right are the Current and Unacceptable, Not the Font change and Colors, and Missing Text Boxes.

Anybody??

Thank you

Thanx

Both.png

• 1. Re: Reinstalled Lion, Changed the Appearance of my Database, Font and Some Text Boxes
          davidanders

There is a utility called SuperDuper! (and Carbon Copy Cloner) that can make a disk image (.dmg) of a boot drive before doing any upgrades.

Some recommend this if problems surface after an update.

Backing up FMP databases is a critical step in avoiding disaster.

MLion upgrade should not have done anything to Fonts  or your Font management (if you manage your fonts).

Do you know the fonts used in the interface? Are they listed in Filemaker? A reinstall of FMP may mean you will have to activate fonts in Filemaker that may not be automatically activated.

Layouts can become corrupted, objects can be corrupted, and databases can be corrupted.

If you have a backup, opening a copy of the backup may help diagnose the problem.