3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 2:12 PM by philmodjunk

Related Contacts

ArtWeinerman

Title

Related Contacts

Newbie to File Maker. How do I edit the related contacts fields? Are the field headers editable to change what information is stored?

Thanks,

Art

• 1. Re: Related Contacts
          philmodjunk

What file are you working with, the contacts starter solution? All field names and many other properties can be changed in Manage | Database | Fields or you can just enter layout mode and change the label text on the layout if the field's properties don't need to be modified.

• 2. Re: Related Contacts
            ArtWeinerman

Yes, I am using the contact starter solution. I think I see how it works now. I thought you used that field to set up multiple contacts within the same company. It appears that each contact must have its own page and then you can filter using Related Contacts to have just the contacts from that company.

• 3. Re: Related Contacts
              philmodjunk

Be careful if you want to import contacts from an external file. You must enable the auto-entry option or the imported contact records don't get a needed serial number ID assigned during the import and this breaks several features in the system for the imprted records.