1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2010 9:35 AM by philmodjunk

Related field data will not display on current layout.

nyoung@aavtc.com

Title

Related field data will not display on current layout.

Help anyone.  I recently updated from FM6 to FM10.  My related fields in the current layout mode appear right ie (::related field name) but in browse mode the field is blank.  I cannot figure out why.  I can actually do a find in the related field but the find only returns one record when I know there are many.  I have tried rebuilding the relationship in the relationship graph and I am positive the key related fields and files are designated but I still can't get it to work.  The basics of the databases are the main target file has 2000 + records.  Each record has a county name.  The related file has county name also but with data pertaining to individuals at each county such as name and phone number.  This relationship has worked for me for years in lower FM versions.   will not display the data.  I can do a lookup command to fill the data into the main file but then I've lost the ability to stay real time in both files.  Any thoughts or similar experiences out there?  Pleas enlighten me.

• 1. Re: Related field data will not display on current layout.
          philmodjunk

I encountered that issue with a client a few months back. Amazingly he was matching records by county name also!

Check your fields for punctuation type characters and/or spaces that are present in the fields of one table and not the other. Older versions of filemaker ignored these characters when matching values in a relationship. In the newer versions, these characters are not ingnored and this would explain the absence of matching records on your layout.