AnsweredAssumed Answered

Related Record info to exsiting window

Question asked by mrponce on Jan 5, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2009 by Jens Teich

Title

Related Record info to exsiting window

Scenario: I have a main window open "Window 1" and a second smaller window "Window 2". I create a "Get Related Records" search in Window 2 and want the results to be displayed in Window 1. 

What I did: In Window 2, I created a button on a particular file that when clicked executes a script "GetMyRelatedRecords". Very simple script:

Select Window [Name: "Window 1"] 

Go to Related Record [Show only relatedrecords; From table:"Window 1"; Using layout: "List View" (Window 1)] 

Outcome: Window 1 is activated and switches to  List View and finds related records. Only executed right the first time and has not done it again. It keeps giving me the result of that first time. When I move the "Select Window" statement to be after the "Go to .." statement. It always gets me the correct listing but, in Window 2.

I quit FM9 and opened the database several times. Now all I get in Window 1 is the listing of all the records using the same original script that executed right once in the very beginning. I get the same listing of all records all the time now in Window 1. Of course except when I move the "Select Window" statement to be after the "Go to .." statement. It always gets me the correct listing but, in Window 2.

I guess I'm missing a step or two here. Any help would be greatly appreciated?? Thanks ..

Outcomes