Hi, akahanka, and welcome to the forum!
If I understand your problem correctly, you have done all the hard work already. I apologise for the crudeness of my example:
- You have a 'Name' field. Let's say in this record it contains 'Orange'.
- You have in that record a field named 'SeeAlso'. It contains the return-character-separated data:
- In the file you have somewhere 4 other records, each whose 'Name' field contains 'Clementine', 'Seville', etc
- If you make a relationship between the 'SeeAlso' field in the table and a self-join to the field 'Name', you can put a portal on each record which for every record ( 'Name' ) will show a portal displaying all the records you have suggested a link to via your 'SeeAlso' field.
- From that portal you can put a button on the portal row which can take the user to the detailed record for that 'Name'.
It is not always appreciated - but dashed useful - that Filemaker relationships can also work by matching return-separated lists at either end of the relationship.
Thank you Alan,
Now I know that using a portal is the right approach and will see if I can make it happen!