3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 7:59 AM by karenarvin

Related Table Data not Visible on User Accounts

karenarvin

Title

Related Table Data not Visible on User Accounts

Hi.  I'm new to FM, and I'm stuck on what seems like a simple thing:  I have a layout that displays data from related tables when I'm logged in as the administrator (all access.)  When I log in as a user with restricted access and a defined privilege set, however, the layout only displays data from the table the layout is based on, not any of the related tables.  I went to Manage--> Layouts and changed the "Show records from..." option to a different table and then it shows data from that table and not from the original table, so I don't think it has anything to do with the way the privileges are defined.  How do I get the layout to display data from all related tables in one layout while signed in as a user.

• 1. Re: Related Table Data not Visible on User Accounts
          philmodjunk

"show Records From" has nothing to do with security settings. That setting affects all accounts the same. 

It's the privilege set options in Manage Security that are account specific. 

But your relationship or a portal filter could also be account or user specific. 

• 2. Re: Related Table Data not Visible on User Accounts
            karenarvin

"show Records From" has nothing to do with security settings. That setting affects all accounts the same. 

That's the problem, though.  It doesn't.  When I am logged in as Administrator with full access, I see data on my layout from all related tables, regardless of what table is selected in "show records from..."  When I log into the file as a user with restricted privileges, I only see data from the table specified in "show records from."  If I change the table in "show records from..." it changes which data I see, but I can't figure out how to display data from all related tables in that layout.  

You mentioned that relationships could be account specific.  I don't see a way to manage or change account specific relationships.  Can you tell me how to check that?

• 3. Re: Related Table Data not Visible on User Accounts
              karenarvin

Never mind... Figured it out.  I had limited the User access to specific fields in the main table, in order to prevent access to fields that the user didn't need to see.  However, one of those fields was the field used to relate that table to the other table I needed. Once I allowed the user to view the field, the layout started displaying the data.

Thanks anyway!