1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 9:35 AM by TSGal

Related tables and field displays.

TKnTexas

Title

Related tables and field displays.

In my utilities database, a pre-processing application (runtime on XP) before uploading to accounts payable, I have the following tables:

Vendors

AP_Batch

AP_Invoices

I have set up the appropriate relationships.  There was one AP batch per week.  The key field is a combo calculation of year and week-number, YYYYwk.  This number shows on each invoice.  Invoices are entered directly into the AP_Invoice table.  I can view all invoices via a portal on the AP_Batch record.  This has been working for almost two years.  I created in ver8 and have since upgraded to ver10. 

In August we made a change in AP to offer e-payments vs checks.  I added a field to the Vendor record for epayments.  It is either blank, meaning a check or a Y meaning ach.  Based on the flag, the invoice number is appended with AC#.  That calculation works great.  I created a new field in the Vendor table--calculation field.  If the flag is Y then the vendor name has "e-option" appended. 

When I scrolled back today to look at some older batches, the names are showing blank in the AP_Batch portal.  If I switch to layout mode, the field shows the name of the record I was on when I switched modes.  I am confused by the behavior. 

• 1. Re: Related tables and field displays.
          TSGal

TKnTexas:

Thank you for your post.

I see that the key field for one of the table is the concatenation of year and week number.  Is this between AP_Batch and AP_Invoices?  If your names are not showing in the AP_Batch portal, then place the key field between AP_Batch and Vendors on the layout and find one of the records where the Vendor name is blank.  Copy the key field, switch to the Vendor table, enter Find mode, paste the key information into the field and press return to Find.  Do any records appear.  If not, then view the key field in the Vendor table.  Does this give you a clue?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.