2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2010 11:34 AM by bosch_bastiaan

Related ValueList Issue (bug?) in FMP 11

bosch_bastiaan

Title

Related ValueList Issue (bug?) in FMP 11

My related Value list do not work,

Pull-Down-List is showing all records (Field-Values) of related file, instead of only the related..

I tried in 2 differend ways... External_Relation 2) Internal relation:

Table 1:    Field_1A1 +Field_1.1  +  Field_1.2

Table 2: Field_2A1 + Field_2.1_g  +  Field_2.2_g

Relation_1

Field_A1, Value = number = 1, Relation Field_2A=Field_1A1 = 1=1 = showing all records

Based upon A1 relation Pull down list in Field_2.1_g shows all values of Field_1.1

Relation_2

Relation Field_2.1_g=Field_1.1 = showing only related records

(in my case, because Field_1.1 = Credit_Name, showing only the product group of selected creditor)

Based Relation Field_2.1_g=Field_1.1 ;

The Pull down list in Field_2.2_g should show only the related records, (only the prod_groups of related creditor) 

but is showing all values of (of all records) Field_1.2 (showing all prod_Groups_of all creditors)

Internal relation in my products database

products:creditor_name_g = products:creditor_name

When using a Pull-Dow-List of based upon field (Creditor-Name) Value in my product list,

Based upon the  (creditor_name_g = Creditor_name) relation,

The product_Group should only show the product_groups related to the selected creditor_name

Yet is does not..

Please help

• 1. Re: Related ValueList Issue (bug?) in FMP 11
          philmodjunk

I'm finding the abstract labels in your post extremely difficult to track.

I think you have two tables, Creditors and ProductGroups

If you have the relationship

Creditors::Name = ProductGroups::CreditorName

Then you can set up a value list that lists ProductGroups::GroupNames with the show only related values, starting from Creditors.  Now a field placed on the Creditors layout formatted with this value list should only list the GroupNames from ProductGroups that have a value in CreditorName that matches the name in Creditors::Name for the current record.

Compare that to what you have set up and see what's different.

• 2. Re: Related ValueList Issue (bug?) in FMP 11
            bosch_bastiaan

The 2 tables are (1) PGC  (Product_Group_per_Creditor)  and (2) Products.

Both Tables contain the fields   A1=1 ; Creditor_Name ; Product_Group

Based upon relation A1=A1, I created a relation finding ALL records in the PGC Table

relation Creditor_Name = Creditor_Name, should only show the related records product_group from selected Creditor_Name

I just "solved" it, before diner...

In the relation

Using values from 1e field = Product_Group, Then DESELECT "all values",

leaving "Only use values from <Unknown> .... Works,

It is unlogic, but it works..