AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relating a field in a table to fields in two different tables

Question asked by Jean-francoisRoux on Jan 25, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Relating a field in a table to fields in two different tables

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to FileMaker and I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do is possible.

I'm in charge of a cardiology training program and I need to keep track of presentations that are given either by trainees or physicians. I therefore have created a "Presentations" table with the following fields: Presentation ID (serial number); Date; Presenter; Title of the presentation; Subject.

I also 2 different tables that gather informations about the trainees and teachers. Fields for the "Teachers" table are: Teacher ID(serial number); First Name; Last Name; Specialty; Email Address. Fieds for the "Trainees" table are: Trainee ID (serial number); First Name; Last Name; Email Address.

Some presentations are given by trainees and some by teachers. Is there a way I can relate the "Presenter" field in the "Presentations" table to both the "Teacher ID" and "Trainee ID" fields in their respective tables. Or else should I create two different tables for presentations given by trainees and presentations given by teachers?

Thank you for your help.

JFR

Outcomes