1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 1:53 AM by fitch

RELATION TAB PROBLEM

LilyNg

Title

RELATION TAB PROBLEM

Hi 

The projects in my Filemaker Pro database are numbered according to year (e.g. 08XX for a 2008 project, 09XX for 2009 and 10XX for 2010 etc)

There is a tab called "View Yearly" created so that when it is selected a drop down menu will appear which allows the user to select a year and a list of all projects from that year will appear in the space below. 

The problem I have now is that when I select to view yearly records up to 2009, all the files for the corresponding year would appear but it doesn't work for 2010 and beyond. All files starting with "10XX" are meant to appear in the records space when I select 2010 but nothing happens. I've tried creating files "010XX", "0010XX" or "2010XX" and none of them appears when I select to view 2010 records. I've also tried creating files "11XX" & "12XX" and select year 2011 & 2012 but no records come up for years beyond 2009.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: RELATION TAB PROBLEM
          fitch

Take a look at the fields that are controlling the relationship of that portal. Since "2009" doesn't directly relate to "09XX" there must be another field calculated on one side of the relationship or the other. Once we locate that we can make the necessary changes.