AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relation trouble?

Question asked by strune on Jul 23, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 by etripoli

Title

Relation trouble?

I have 4 tables: District ----> Owner ----> Calvesnumbers <---- Fencenumbers

District-table is related to Owner-table (owner has district as a field). Owner-table i related to Calvesnumbers-table (Calvesnumber has Owner as a field) and Calvesnumbers-table is related to Fencenumbers-table (Calvesnumbers has Fencenumbers as a field).. Everything is OK so far..

The problem is that i would like a table, or something (I have tried to use the table-calvesnumbers), where I choose which Fencenumber should include unique calvesnumbers (unique only for that fencenumbers-series) with owners connected to the calvesnumbers. 

This means that for example Fencenumber 1 (or any other fencenumber for that sake) could have for example calvesnumber 1 and calvesnumber 11 connected to for example owner Stig. This means that Owner Lars could not have the same (calvesnumber 1 and 11) in the same fencenumber 1 as Stig. The same means for Stig; - he could not have calvesnumber 1 and calvesnumber 11 two times in the same Fencenumber 1.

If we then talk about for example Fencenumber 2, it all starts over again. For example calvesnumber 1 and 11 could be connected to Stig again!

Any solution, anyone? 

Outcomes