... and where are the OR needs ?
I have more than only a name field. It's 8 fields and I want to be able to enter 1 field, other 7 empty and it should show me in the portal all data equal to the 1 field entered, even if the 7 other fields do not correspond to the search fields
1) Create a global text field ( gSearch ) in tableA
2) create a calculation field ( List ), result Text, in tableB with calc: List ( Field 1 ; Field 2 ; ... ; Field8 )
3) In the relationship graph create the relationship: TableA::gSearch = TableB::List
4) Create a Layout based on tableA
5) Put in that Layout the field TableA::gSearch
6) Put in the same Layout a portal that shows the record of TableB containing the fields that you need to see.
Now, whichever data you put in gSearch will show the related records into the portal.