AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship Graphs

Question asked by KateGeschwind on Jul 6, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 by KateGeschwind

Title

Relationship Graphs

I am trying to create a one-to-one/many relationship between two related fields from two separate tables, but every time I try to create relationship graph under the Relationship tab, FileMaker automatically creates a many-to-many connecting line.  How can I select the type of relationship between fields (I haven't yet been able to find an option that allows me to switch the relationship type)?

Another problem that I have been running into is relating the fields: I have two tables currently, one that has sample ID's and one that has the location of the sample ID's.  When I enter the sample ID into the sample table, in the location field of the sample table I would like it to search the location table for the location of the sample ID (the sample ID is also listed in the location table, so I think it should be able to locate this value and then autofill the location field in the sample table).  I have tried to select the Data Displayed in Layout Mode to autofill the location field of the sample table with information from the location field in the location table, but this doesn't seem to work for me.  I would greatly appreciate advice on how to fix this! 

Outcomes