AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship help

Question asked by AndrewDunn6760 on Sep 1, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2011 by AndrewDunn6760

Title

Relationship help

Hi, looking for some assistance on working out relationships.  I run a dance school and I want to be able to manage class enrolment and actual weekly class attendance.  I currently have a 'class list' table that lists the classes we have over the week but without including a date field and then on my customers layout I have a checkbox field called enrolment, and I pull the class name values from that table. I have then placed a portal on the class list layout to show me everyone who is enrolled onto that class.  Firstly, I understand to get a report on who is enrolled to my classes, I need to be creating my report via the customers table however how can I filter the report so that I can run the report from the class list layout to show all customers enrolled to the current class (current record).  Secondly, I would like to track weekly attendance as well. I have created a third table for weekly attendance and created a class name field which uses the class list::class name value list again to choose the class and a date field. I would then like to create a portal below and be able to add a contact from a drop-down list similar to how the gift feature works by only letting you select customers registered to the event in the event management starter solution.  Once this is setup, I will also want to create a looping script so that my user can select a class on the attendance drop-down and run the script to add all customers who are enrolled and then mark a field for attended.  I know it is a lot which is why I would appreciate any help to ensure I get the Table relationships and TO's correct as I am not having much luck figuring it out myself! Regards Andrew

Outcomes