AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship issue: How do I get the current records ID instead of the first ID with containing the...

Question asked by carolyn on May 20, 2013
Latest reply on May 23, 2013 by carolyn

Title

Relationship issue: How do I get the current records ID instead of the first ID with containing the foreigh key match

Hi all,

I am trying to get the active fund ID through the following complex relationship.  Instead I am getting the fund ID of the FIRST fund record where the panel foreign key in the fund table matches the Panel ID.  Here are the revelent tables and feilds:

FUND TABLE

Fund_ID_Key

Panel_ID_Foreign Key

PANEL TABLE (Related to fund table by Panel_ID_Foreign Key = Panel_ID_Key)

Panel_ID_Key

PANEL PEOPLE TYPE ONE (Related to Panel Table by Panel_ID_Foreign Key = Panel_ID_Key)

Panel_ID_FK

Person_ID_FK

Fund_ID_FK (calc field)

Person start date with Panel

Person start date exception by fund (related feild from table Person Start Date Exception by fund based on Person ID and Fund_ID_FK)

Person start date use

PERSON INFO TABLE

Person_ID_Key

PERSON START DATE EXCEPTION BY FUND (related to Person Info Table by matching Person IDs and related to PANEL PEOPLE TYPE ONE by person ID and Fund Id fk)

Person_ID_FK

FUND_ID_FK (enter valid IDs through drop down)

Start Date Exception by fund (text field)

Problem: the fund_ID foreign key calc field in  PANEL PEOPLE TYPE ONE will not pick up theFund ID for the current fund in the fund table.  It picks up the fund ID of the first fund showing where the panel ids match.  I tried using a related field and using the get function.  I added a test cald field in the fund table and entered an exact value that value was successfully pulled into the People Type One table.

The rest of this working great.  Thanks for any help.  I'd love to be able to solve this one without restructuring.

Carolyn

Outcomes