5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 5:06 PM by JohnMelchior

Relationship issues

JohnMelchior

Title

Relationship issues

Okay I know I'm old, 78 and I know my productive years may be over, but I am in the process of developing a database to be used by patients at a free clinic.  This database is to keep track of their medications and a brief profile of their medical history, before they meet with the doctor. My dilemma simply stated is that I've created a relational database with two tables…Table 1 to record all pertinent data from an individual prescription ,RX number, name of medication, generic name of medication etc. etc.  Table 2 to record multiple users profiles, personal information such as address, telephone, number, date of birth, social security number, occupation, spouses information, spouses social security number ,past treatment history, recent surgeries and any insurance information that they may have for themselves and their family..

My dilemma 

Whenever I add a new record to the user profile table it also appears in the medications table. As a new file is added to the users profile table, a corresponding record is added to the medications table regardless of how I seem to set up the relationship between the two. I know there is a simple solution but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is… please help!

The ultimate goal is to find all records of a particular patient, print out in a single report with his user profile and current meds. When the program is completed it will be created as a Windows and Macintosh Runtime solutions and given to patients to help track their numerous medications. 

In the simplest form.   I have included a screenshot of the relationship.